Saturday, April 30, 2011

Weather or Not

Musical suggestion for this post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUIyYrH_5yM


I know people think talking about the weather is just small talk, but I personally LOVE weather changes. For instance, isn't it just that much easier to wake up when the sun is literally pushing against your blinds, just struggling to get in? Then you throw up the blind and it hits you hard...but gentle at the same time...and you just know that today will be a good day.
I used to live in a city that only had two types of weather:
-Sunny with cloud cover
-Rain, rain, rain.
I lived in this city for nearly two years and I used to think it was such an ugly place...it was always so grey or wet or just plain dim. I think if you live anywhere without pure sunshine for long enough periods, you would think the same thing. However, when the sun peeked out from behind the clouds for brief intervals, a transformation seemed to take place. The once dim, grey city transformed into this gorgeous array of colour and beauty and light! The change was extraordinary! Everyone who has lived in this city will know exactly what I am talking about. It's truly wonderful shedding a little bit of light on something can do.
I have big plans for this sunshiney day. Plans that include bike riding, walking, reading outside, laughing, and generally being joyful the whole day through. I do have to work tonight but I believe I will push that thought out of my mind completely until the time comes. Time to focus on everything that is good, right, and bright. Today, I am free to just enjoy God's splendour; the splendour that is always present, but hard to notice without a little drop of sunshine concentrate.

Be well.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, my dear! Here's to a sunshiney Saturday, a day of being outside and driving with the windows down.

    Much love,
    K

    ReplyDelete